Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Invasive Species Website

For our web portion of 3rd quarter we made a website which showed the different invasive species across the united states. We were given the pre-written information and logos to put into our website, but the rest was up to us.

Body, with matching color scheme

What's new?

We used Adobe Dreamweaver to create our website. We followed a series of videos in order to learn new ways to make styles in css, and edit html coding. One of the first new things we learned was how to create a header, footer, body, and sidebar.
Sidebar with list of links

Sidebar

One of the main things I want to talk about is the sidebar, since so much went into it. For our sidebar, we learned how to use css and html to make a sidebar with styled links in a list. 

Color Scheme

For the color scheme of the website, I had to find colors that matched. I couldn't just choose a bunch of random colors that I liked, but looked terrible together. The colors have to go with what the website is trying to advertise, and the colors need to belong together.

Much of this was new.

Basically everything I learned to do in the process of creating this website was new to me. I had never learned how to make a footer, header, sidebar or body. I had never learned how to make a stylized list of links. This was almost all new. I did apply some of what I learned last quarter from making my own website, but that had been a while ago, so I had to re-learn some things as well. It wasn't hard; just very new.

No comments:

Post a Comment