Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Raccoon

Original raccoon
We've finally done our first major project in graphic design! We worked in Illustrator to create a raccoon, which we would eventually use to create something even greater.

The Raccoon

When we were creating our raccoon, we were told that we needed to follow a tutorial to get the basics of the raccoon down, and then follow another tutorial to add berries, leaves, or acorns. Following those guidelines, we were also allowed to add our own personal touch to our raccoons. I decided to make mine pink, because I love pink since it's just a really soft, nice color.



Postcard front

The final product

Postcard back
After our original raccoon was finished, we were then told to apply it to a postcard. The postcard was supposed to celebrate something; a holiday, party, wedding, or anything else worthy of celebration. I chose a birthday theme, since I thought that would fit with my raccoon's pink color scheme. We also needed to have some form or written typography to our postcards, so I made a design that revolved around birthdays. The postcard will be professionally printed, and I plan on giving it to a friend for her birthday.

Sharing on the web

This project has also been uploaded on Adobe's website, Behance. On Behance, I hope to get more publicity for my work. You can add certain tags to your work that allow people to search within results of what they're looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment