Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Chase Scene Video



What is this?

Our most recent project in video class was to create a chase scene using the 6-shot system and it had to be between 60 and 90 seconds long. I chose to make a funny video where a girl was miding her own business and happened upon a horse. The girl was scared, and ran away. The horse chases after the girl because it want to be friends, but the girl keeps running. Eventually the horse cuts the girl off and they shake hands. The girl then betrays the horse, but the horse gets its revenge...

What did my classmates have to say?

I was given critiques by my classmates. I was told that the music really helped the story be told throughout the video. Relaxed music in the beginning, up-beat cheery music during the chase, and so on. The music fit what was happening.

Plot twist!

Most people were not expecting the girl to reel back and punch her new found friend. This helped give the story a more dramatic feeling, which was amplified as the horse scrambled up to get its revenge.

Wow, that's a long scene.

My classmates also mentioned that the scene where the chase made its way up the stairs was very long. I agree with this, and to fix this I could have filmed that scene in several parts, one at the bottom, and another in the middle of the staircase.

What do I think of my work?

I am quite proud of my work on this project. Yes, it could have been better, but for my first project, I thought it was well done. I had a partner who used the same film as me (we were told to do this) and she did an excellent job as well. I think our class is well taught, and that we all do good work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment