Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

Famous Logo Creation

Re-creating famous logos

Our most recent project was to find one of our favorite famous logos, and find a tutorial to help us create it in Adobe Illustrator. I chose this tutorial to help me create the well known Google Chrome logo. The tutorial went through several steps of drawing shapes with the pen tool, copying them, rotating them, and filling them in with different colors

My Chrome logo

My Chrome Logo
My version of the chrome logo ended up looking like this. The tutorial used colors they found were close to the original colors, but I had the original logo on my art board with my version, and I was using the eyedropper tool to get the correct colors. Mine isn't nearly as detailed as the original, though. Mine is mostly flat colors, save for the shadows where new color begins, while the original has much more shading.

What did I do this for?

We are getting ideas for our own logos, currently, and to get some insight our teacher told us to get ideas on logo creation from tutorials. We need to be able to use Illustrator better before we get started on our own logos, so the tutorials help us find new tools and commands to help us use Illustrator more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment