Pages

Monday, January 30, 2017

Constructivism Poster

Brainstorming

Recently we had to make a mock up poster for fake event at the Nelson Art Museum advertising an art movement of our choice. I chose constructivism as my movement, since it's very bold and easy to see from a distance.

Research

We had to research how to use the concepts from the movement we chose. I found that constructivism utilizes planes, rays, lines, and other bold shapes, along with basic colors such as red, blue, and yellow.

Sketching

Once we decided on our movement and did research, we had to sketch out different ideas for our poster. Looking at famous constructivist pieces help decide what might look good and catch people's eyes.

Creating the poster

Eventually, once I got down what I wanted on my poster from my sketches, I went into Adobe Illustrator and began applying what was in my sketches to my poster.

Conclusion

I really liked this project, and had enough fun making the poster, to the point where I was working on it at home too. I really wish that this was an actual event, because It would be really interesting to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment