Pages

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Quote Typography

Our latest project in graphic design was choosing four quotes to create typography artboards with them. First we created them in black and white, then we gave them color based off color pallets from color.adobe.com.

About my quotes

I chose most of these quotes because either the quote itself makes me happy, or the people saying the quote makes me happy.

"Hope will never die"

This quote is by Lucina, from Fire Emblem: Awakening. Sometimes I think about this quote when I feel hopeless or like things aren't going right, and it makes me feel a little better.

"I won't stand idle"

This quote is by Takumi from Fire Emblem: Fates. I try to think of this quote when I feel lazy, and it makes me feel more motivated to get my work done.

"At age 6 I was born without a face"

This quote is by Arin Hanson from the Youtube channel Game Grumps. I know this is a silly quote, but the person who said it makes me happy. I watch Game Grumps when I feel sad, and all the dumb stuff they say makes me laugh.

"I think that dogs should be able to vote"

This quote is by Griffin McElroy from Polygon. This is another weird quote, but again it makes me happy. Polygon videos are another thing that I watch when I'm feeling down.

Creating the artboards

When we finally decided on what quotes we wanted to do, our first objective was to make a sketch of what we'd like our final products to look like. After we got our sketch down, we transferred it in black and white into Illustrator. From there, we had to choose color palettes that went well with the quote.

Presentation

After we were done we had to present our work to the class. We had to read our quote aloud, and then state why we chose that quote and why we made our quotes look the way they did.

Conclusion

This was a really fun project to do. At first I didn't really like it because I was having a hard time finding good quotes to use, and I didn't really understand how fonts work. Eventually, though, I got the hang of it and managed to find some fonts that work well for each quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment